Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Creating a Beautiful Extension for my Dad: Seeking Guidance on Pricing and Design

Options
  • 10-07-2023 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hello everyone!

—I'll soon be moving into my dad's house. My plan is to take over the main house and create a beautiful extension that will provide him with his own dedicated space. Currently, he lives in a three-bedroom council house that he purchased.

As I delve into the process of gathering prices for the extension, I've noticed that most contractors tend to provide pictures without specific cost details. So, I'm hoping to gain a general understanding of the price range for this project. I've stumbled upon a design that I absolutely love, but I do have concerns about potential budget overruns or challenges in obtaining a building permit. My primary goal right now is to jumpstart the process and gather information regarding the estimated cost and any possible issues associated with the extension.

I have a few questions regarding the extension. Is it feasible for the new space to be separate from the main house, or does it need to be connected? Additionally, I would be incredibly grateful for any advice or assistance you can provide.

I've included a picture of the design I have in mind.

Thank you all for your valuable time and support. I truly appreciate it!

Best regards, K

Advertisement