Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are these mystery components in house

Options
  • 10-07-2023 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I've just bought a house and I have no idea what these are or once were for

Any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,708 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

First and third are alarm trips (press the button to set off the alarm, the key hole on the first one is used to reset, not sure on the third, maybe it's a spring) If you get the alarm re-done, you can use the existing wiring for a control panel. Middle is some sort of bell I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Second is a doorbell I think,

Agree re others being panic buttons for house alarm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭gipi

Second pic might be the internal alarm siren (not all alarm systems have one).

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Panic buttons and 'sound bomb' internal sounder for alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭eggy81

2nd pic is indoor alarm sounder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭higgins_j

Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭10-10-20

They appear to be Maplin kit parts, I suspect it was a DIY alarm install.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭septictank

Had those installed by a Phone watch Installer in the mid 90's, first pic is a panic button as said, installed at front door or main bedroom, the small circle hole is for inserting a key to push the red button back/off. Second pic is a sounder, and they were very loud.

Advertisement