Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with tams grant

Options
  • 12-07-2023 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭

hi lads

my farm advisor is just impossible to get hold of or get info/help from so im wondering about help or advise on applying or how to go about it/were do i start for the tams grant for a new yard/shoot/penned area with weighing scales apparently theres a 60 percent available under some kind of safety grant....... do i get someone in to plan it out .....do i need planning permission/drawings for it .......can i apply for it myself or does my planner (some hope) have to do it ??

any help would be very much appreciated ......thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,505 ✭✭✭✭Water John

My planner did it. You'll need a general sketch of the layout of all farm buildings, a drawing of the proposed yard etc. These are not engineer drawings. Other than that I don't know. I really think you need some advisor to get it right. Find another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭dmakc

Think you'd only need planning if it was a new shed, applying what you say to an existing yard should be fine I think. For planning it out, it's up to you whether you use a planner or yourself. You don't need an advisor to make an application, but it's probably worth using them for the first time and use that as a draft if ever you go back again for more. It'll cost a couple hundred but there are some tricky parts to the applications that you'd probably need an advisor for first time around. As mentioned above, I'd find a new advisor and proceed with that

Advertisement