Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adored dog gone suddenly- advice pls

Options
  • 12-07-2023 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi all, don’t want this to be too long. Our beautiful Shih tzu Alfie was left with his regular minder while we were away on a family holiday in Greece at the beginning of June. 7 days in we got a phonecall to say he was found in the garden, she assumed a heart attack. He was 5, perfectly healthy and energetic. Kids (and me!) are so devastated, even a good few weeks on. The house is too quiet and we are so sad

Question is this-1: do we get another dog soon 2. What is a similar breed - we don’t want another Alfie, but we have a hole in our hearts and love to give 3: The best place to get a new doggo, not hung up on a pure bred just a lovely family pet, small to medium breed . My husband loves Shelties but I don’t know.

Any and all advice welcome

K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭Stigura

Sorry to hear about Alfie. These things happen. Just like with people. My donkey dropped dead, this year. Fifteen, he was. Donkey should easily last two or three times that.

Always had the very best of care. Right as rain, 20:00. 10:30, next day? Stone dead, in the pen. Walked out the door and keeled over. Crazy. Luckily, I have other donkeys to keep me aggravated.

My opinion? Loss is horrible. It Does leave a void. So, don't sit about hurting. Get something to fill that void. Get the sparkle back into ye lives. Alfie won't mind.

I've just put some puppies up, on the correct ('Rehoming') thread. They're not Shih Tzu's or Shelties. Adorable little things, all the same. Guaranteed void fillers 🤗

Advertisement