Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Nilfisk vacuum cleaner

Options
  • 12-07-2023 11:55pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what this button on top of the cleaner is for? It pops up every now and then.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

Can't help you, I have one and would like to know 😉

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Is it possible to tell what model it is? I've never noticed it on any Nilfisk's I've seen before.

It sounds like it could be a device that might pop when there's a blockage or bag is full, as a warning and also to have air going to the motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭CoBo55

You need to replace the big filter there isn't enough air passing through to keep the motor cool, that pops up to allow more air to flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

It’s the crop circle maker mode

don’t press it

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

The other side of that button... just below the blue power connector.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, seems it's like I suggested, called a Thermovalve on an Australian site:

So it'd pop when the motor is getting hot from lack of airflow, be it from a blocked hose, or indeed a clogged filter as suggested by @CoBo55 above.

Seems quite genius to protect the motor and not seen in any modern vacuums I've seen. Though I suppose they just have a thermal cut-out now, vacuum just stops.

Advertisement