Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Internet not working after upgrade to Sky Fibre and new Hub

Options
  • 13-07-2023 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Hi folks, I'm a long time sky customer and I had their regular broadband offering for many years up to this week.

The day that the fibre and new hub were connected, my Poco X3 NFC began dropping off wi-fi, telling me the network had no wi-fi, and either taking an age to load a webpage or just not doing so at all.

I tried separating the 5G/ 2.5 G networks on the new sky hub (sky hub 4 I believe), didn't work when I connected to either channel, still the same.

I tried changing the DNS on the phone to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.8.4 respectively, no change.

I've also reset both phone and hub a good few times.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, it's very annoying as nothing can be done on phone (youtube, whatsapp calls, browsing, spotify etc.) while internet keeps dropping out.

Thanks folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭supersaint3

Anybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Eleusis

Do other phones and other devices work fine on it? If yes I'd reset wifi and network module on the phone. Google search will show you how to do that.

Then try turning it off and on but waiting a few minutes between the off and on. Try this on phone and then router.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Eleusis

You could then try changing wifi channels. This is different then the 2.4/5g thing. Google this too.

You could also try turning every other device off and then connecting it again. If it works which it might because no IP conflict. then go into router settings and you should be able to assign IP to the Mac address on the device the phone. If should be easily to identify because it's only connected device.

Lastly if that didn't work try the above again but change the last 2 digits of the assigned IP address. So it might be 192.168.1.31 so change the 31 to something else. So then when the phone connects to this wifi it will use the IP you set when connecting to the router and will not allow any other devices to use it.

Eleusis thank you! I will try all this this morning and I will come back to you and let you know how I get on!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Did you keep the same network name when you changed to sky? Delete the wireless profile and try again perhaps.

• Advertisement

This has worked for me (and hopefully will continue to!), resetting the entire network settings on phone, turning off phone and leaving off, turning off router for a few mins then turning on and allowing to come back up online, then 5 mins later I turned on the phone and connected to the network afresh, all seems to be working well ... Thanks to Eleusis and MarkR for responses and advice guys!

Advertisement