Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can a brand new customer make a transaction on Binance

Options
  • 13-07-2023 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I was treated very badly by AIB for making a transaction on Binance, and want to be sure this doubt is cleared. They thought they could order me like a child never to buy crypto once and kept my account permanently disabled after that without explanation. I suppose low achievers with no ambitions no drives no interests are comfortable to live under such a high level of restriction and protection. I hate to run my life out of somebody else's head. If they are illiterate about crypto or feel intense fear, I cant be a slave for life to someone else's attitude. What counts is the law. What they want they should say openly not riddles and lies. I am suspecting buying crypto is not illegal but there are no laws regarding permanently blocking my card or whatever, OR allowing transactions on legally recognized crypto websites. I did not complain about this or make enquiries.

I phoned centralbank.ie 0818 681 681. They said its okay to buy as long I understand the risks that crypto balances are not protected by the compensation scheme. Actually I wanted to ask BOI this before opening an account. I did not want to get caught with some female that wants to control me entirely. I am a foreigner who is not enjoying life in Ireland. You know one cannot move to whichever country one wants. So I have to stay here than go somewhere a lot worse,. I am considering euthanasia as I should not live inside inside someone else's corset. You know how strict these exchanges are -they wont accept prepay cards or from my own bank account outside Ireland. The Binance site is regarded as legit in Ireland.

If BOI wants to restrict my buying crypto, I wish that they will being the ban by bringing complains to the police or whoever. DO NOT BLOCK MY CARD. Thats why before proceeding I want to get the legal right to make the transaction which I feel is legal. Thanks for feedback

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there, Thanks for getting in touch with us.

You can use your account to complete transactions for Binance. This can flag through our Card Security systems from time to time which may cause a temporary restriction on the card but once you contact our Card Security team one of our colleagues can remove this restriction for you.

Our Card Security team is available to assist our customers 24/7. If you ever need to contact the team you can contact them on 1800946764 or if calling from abroad you can call +353 56775 7007.

Thanks, Sarah

Advertisement