Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claim made against me

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,026 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Any video evidence would have only the person requesting the data in it, everything else including the alleged victim will be blurred as it would be a GDPR violation to give that data, so the video will show nothing of any use to the OP.

The claim has been settled, what do you thing will come from this request?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ants09

I was in a car accident and i done a GDPR request when the claim was in process and it open my eyes up as to not to trust a word what the claims handlers say and take what they say with a pinch of salt, if you know what i mean.

They have to provide the video of the allege accident as it is to do with the OP and his/her car, yes they can blur out the driver of the other car but not the driver of the OP car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭doh777

The other person's car was parked at the time. They wouldn't have been in it.

Just to follow up on this please.

That claim went through.

For what the guard described as essentially 'bumpers kissing'.

€2100 or thereabouts.

€450 for parts and €1500 in labour.

€1500 for labour (which would be a mechanic working 30hrs on say €50p/h)

Any thoughts. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

No way a garage is only charging only €50 per hour labour. Probably around €85. Then you have add VAT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Sono

Yeah that’s more the going rate to be honest, the days of €50 an hour are pre Covid times.

insurance company wouldn’t have settled unless they felt you were at fault imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I barely touched a bumper in traffic, literally like a kiss. But after close inspection I could see I had damaged it and was a brand new car, insurance paid €1200 for the repair which is exactly why we have insurance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

If you get a look at any detailed repair invoice, you'll see "sundries" make a decent contribution

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭chooseusername

That's only a guesstimate by the OP trying to figure the 1,500 labour costs. Even at double that, 15 hours seems a lot just to fix a bumper kiss!

Thanks for the replies. Exactly as post above say, even at €100 p/h that's 15 hours work, fixing a bumper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Whocare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Whocare

Yeah probably took around 10 hours day work for man and extra 5 hours is because insurance is paying 💰💰

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Squatman

were you able to get a video of this "incident"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Squatman

also, you got charged the insurance premium. a common practice in the industry is to inflate the costs because its going thru insurance. I'm sure people will have a stick in their respective a55es, but that's a known phenomenon. it all depends on the level of damage, and the chosen method of repair. Assuming they didn't get a new bumper, then its a sand-down, filler, respray, seal reinstall jobby.. .if its a "light kiss" it may be been touched up/ 30 mins job.€2 materials. 1400 banked. of course this is all speculation.

Not as yet. And I have zero hopes of ever seeing it.

Quite possibly. I wouldn't be surprised.

Advertisement