Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosslare Drug Seizure

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

The funny thing about this for me at least is where all of this will end up?

I'm reading stories where some members of AGS are also involved with

criminal gangs & I'm sure that that covers all ranks.

Will some of this still end up on the street?

Is this just an open way of importing drugs into Ireland directly to the distributers?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

I'm going to go with NO unless you can come up with some evidence to the contrary

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

It's time to either regulate the market more than it is or cut the heads off those found importing significant quantities such as this.

I agree regarding the damage illegal drugs are doing to every corner of this country and the scumbags that run the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Who took the horse to France? 😀

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭The Ging and I

I wonder how much the French customs find. I use the ferries a lot and while you are queuing up before and after check in the dog patrols move along the cars/vans etc. Occasionally they ask to put the dog in the van for a sniff around. The dogs are very keen to find something as they get a treat if they do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

If you do cocaine you are scum, why isn't this message being put out by the authorities and social bodies such as the GAA.

Post edited by Montage of Feck on

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Cute doggie

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Tomaldo

Could you name these towns or villages that cocaine has destroyed, I'd like to google it. Cocaine is not like a tsunami, earthquake or the Luftwaffe. It's an inanimate substance, you can take it or leave it, nobody forces up your nose, they don't have to. People get enjoyment from it, it's roughly worth its weight in gold. Drug debts? that's another reason it should be legalised, alcohol kills more than coke but pub and off-license owners don't threaten families of alcoholics for unpaid debts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭ZookeeperDub

Majority of towns in Ireland now have drugs issues. We have people robbing women/old people etc for money to pay for it.

No need for the silly whataboutery talking about alcohol. Cocaine is illegal and if you want to ban alcohol take that up with relevant authorities but that doesn't make an excuse for taking an illegal drug and feeding crime rates in Ireland

As far as I am concerned this poster is 100% correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

Because it’s not true. You may as well say if you take alcohol you are scum. The vast majority will just laugh at such statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Deub

Good catch from the Authorities. Unfortunately, it is a drop in an ocean but hopefully they will ramp up the seizures.

How are they scum? it's their bodies, their choice. I've done it myself in the past and I don't feel morally inferior to you or any other supporter of the War on Drugs. It's their support of this insane, expensive and ineffective policy which creates the criminality associated with it. The Beatles, Rolling Stones and Diego Maradona have done it, but they're regarded as Gods, not scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Quitelife

In the mid west it’s a huge problem all controlled by traveller gangs who have the fear of god put into communities. In Limerick city you might have some bit of a garda presence but out the county most garda stations are closed down or open token hours . Towns like Abbeyfeale, askeaton , rathkeale, Kilmallock , Newcastle west are controlled by these gangs. Free taster sachets of cocaine to 16/17/18 year olds to get them started and then burn their parents house down at 21/22/23 unless they pay drug debts that are doubled & quadrupled on a weekly basis seems to be the pattern once they’ve the youngsters turned into addicts . Suicide is the only way out for many young people but the gangs still chase & beat up the mourning parents . No point googling it because there’s no guards to catch the drug dealers or at least none are ever caught , it just continues unabated getting worse each year .

Because they and you are supporting crime. See all those people getting murdered because of drug crimes. That because of you and others.

I was actually just going to post saying people don't seem to have the ability anymore to make a decision without been influenced by TV which has glorified cocaine for year. You just made it better than I ever could, more or less you are saying you done cocaine because you seen someone else done it.

As my mother would say "If he jumped off a bridge would you?"

I'll repeat, the actor Robin Williams said "cocaine is God's way of saying you're earning too much money" and a lot of working class people enjoy a few lines without having to resort to theft. I notice you didn't name any town/village that has been "destroyed" by cocaine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

If you fill your tank with petrol you are supporting crime. If you buy almost anything you are supporting child labour. Your statements are nonsense. The government are creating crime by their policies and losing war on drugs, it’s they who can really reduce these crimes.

That's why I'm arguing for a change of the law, so that people don't have to support criminals. People jump off bridges if they're suicidal, they take cocaine for enjoyment, big difference. TV didn't influence me to take it.

You just listed out bands and sports stars as some sort of proof it ok.....then you claim TV didn't influence you.

The problem is not with the government. The problem is the amount of silly people who look to TV to tell them what to do in their own lives or just do drugs because their friends do it.

The people creating crime are the ones buying illegal drugs. Then complaining when the drug dealer turns around and commits a crime against them. Oh the tears if the drug dealer or addict kills a family member. What are the Gardai doing? blah blah blah.....

Time people took responsibility for their own actions instead of blaming the government. If the Irish people want a crime ridden state full of drugs, then take drugs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

What will that do

It's been a losing battle since day 1

Go to any town and ask the locals, they will tell you all about it.

You are supporting crime. I didn't say the buyer would have to resort to theft. Can you define when buying illegal drugs has reduced crime?

Also the "working class people", can you explain who exactly you are referring to when you make this comment? who are these people?

• Advertisement

This post is a great reason why cocaine should be legal, I don't want criminal gangs, travellers or not, to run this business forever, do you? Chasing families of coke users for unpaid debts, like I said pub or off-license owners don't do that to an alcoholic's family. By keeping it illegal you're making these undesirables wealthier and more dangerous. Btw I don't believe your "free taster sachets" to 16/17/17 year olds, It never happened to me or any other coke-user I know. It was a friend, not an anonymous dealer, who offered me my first line.

If I believed all the rubbish I hear on TV debates about cocaine, I'd run a mile from it. They always talk about the misery, problems etc. All negative language and always ignore the elephant in the room, enjoyment. So yes, TV didn't influence me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Enjoyment is the tip of an iceberg

It's what's beneath the the problem

TV has glorified it for years. Again you say TV didn't influence you then you posted about why you used it because soccer stars and bands used it. SO yes TV did influence you or you would never have mentioned them. You just seem incapable of understanding that.

Anyway point done to death now.

No we don't legalise something for those reasons

If people want to stop crime they need to stop supporting crime. So you and the "other coke-user you know need to stop supporting crime.

Maybe we can get people who want to use coke to put their name down, so next time a crime is committed we know who to leave at it themselves and who the Gardai should focus on. I think this would be a lot better use of Gardai time and might get a few people to think a bit harder.

I'm working class, I live in a council estate, many of my friends are builders, delivery men, taxi-drivers etc who also take it. I'm arguing for a change of law so that we don't enrich the type of people described in the Gangland Shootings thread on Boards. Prohibition of alcohol made people like Al Capone wealthy and dangerous, it failed. Now we have history repeating itself, as someone said something like "The definition of insanity is repeating the same thing and expecting a different outcome"

Stop taking drugs and you won't enrich people in gangland shootings. Then discuss about changing the law. That's how adults work. Or should work.

Taking drugs, fuelling crime and then complaining about crime is "the definition of insanity" to me.

I refer back to my previous, maybe we should allow people who want to take cocaine to tell the gardai. They don't get charged if under a certain amount but they can look after their own safety when the nice local drug dealer or addict come calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

I can accept people having a need to use alcohol, cannabis even crack or heroin as a means to escape life's miseries. But the overt narcism associated with cocaine use just boils my blood.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Deub

if you think legalising drug will stop mafia/gangs to get rich, you are mistaken.

About insanity, simply look at the US with their gun law. Do you think it works a treat for them?

Do you think we wouldn’t see more deaths if drugs like cocaine was freely available? And I am not only talking about overdose but car accidents, domestic accidents?

• Advertisement

Another reason it should be legal, is because it's consensual, it doesn't involve a non-consenting victim, unlike robbery, rape, murder etc. Homosexuality was against the law but people still practised it, before the law was changed, like using drugs, it's also consensual. The same with contraception, people still got it in the UK and used it before it was legal here. Neither "crime" involved a non-consenting person.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement