Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosslare Drug Seizure

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,462 ✭✭✭✭Esel

One of the guys arrested replied "I didn't know what the cocaine would be used for" when the charge was put to him. 😁

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Tomaldo

Very regular, 3/4 of a 70cl bottle, sometimes the lot, every night, 'til my body couldn't hold it down anymore. Most coke-users I know lead mundane lives during the week, bed before midnight, up early for work, let their hair down at weekends. I read about Elton John and Ringo Starr's excessive coke and alcohol use. They decided to give it up and haven't touched either for decades now. They're still alive aged 76 and 83. Posters have rejected my views on cocaine, do they overlook that heroin is practically legal now? Free methadone (heroin substitute) to addicts, clean needles from Merchants Quay, medically supervised injection rooms on the way and some countries give actual heroin to problem users. It's called treatment or harm reduction, but isn't it legalisation with a false moustache.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭xckjoo

From the pharacutical companies probably. It still a regulated medicine. I believe it's particularly suitable to things around the nose and throat and has no real substitute for some procedures. Coca-Cola also produce quite a lot of it. They have to remove it from the coca leaf before using it for consumer products and either destroy it or sell it on to the pharmacutical companies (I've seen both reported). Highly regulated and kept very private for PR reasons.

There's no easy answer to humans desire for intoxicants and altered mental states. It just seems to be in us. Everyone has their own vices; cocaine, weed, booze, coffee, religion, working out, gambling, etc. Not all are equally harmfull but some people take them to excess (whatever way you want to measure that) and probably always will. Outright prohibition doesn't seem to do anything other than give the money to the people most willing to do whatever it takes to get it though. At the very least we should be targetting harm reduction.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,197 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Before the Courts

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement