Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking recommendation for window/for supplier

Options
  • 14-07-2023 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

please pm me a recommendation for a good window/composite door supplier who won’t charge the earth in south dublin..thanks

also what is a reasonable quote to fit a whole house and new door from double glazed upvc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Currently going through this at the moment, I'm based on North Dublin.

We've had three folks out to measure, and two more coming. No formal quotes back yet.

3 bed semi D, replacing windows, front door, back door and putting in french doors instead of a window.

Initial estimates across all five companies was 14-15k. I'll get the specifics back in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Los Cafeteros

Any updates @TheDoc . In process of getting some quotes myself for a 3 bed terrace. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Col_30

Hi, does anyone know what the difference in price is between regular casement and flush casement PVC windows?

I much prefer the look of the flush unit, but I am not willing to pay a lot more for them.

Also, if anyone has any recommendations for reasonable suppliers, please let me know by PM, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭HotSwap

I had several quotes for 10 windows and 2 doors last year ranging from 9000 - 15000 euro. The one in the middle was 12500.

I’m back looking for quotes again now and will post my findings here.

Advertisement