Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is my UK address on my Irish Central Credit Registee

• 15-07-2023 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi. I’ve been living in Ireland for 2 years now. I just requested my credit report as I’ve never seen it before and was surprised to see my previous UK address on there.

Any idea why / how this information is on there? It seems strange as I’ve never used my UK address for anything in Ireland.

Thanks.

D

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

If you are not going to give us some context, then your question is pointless! Who reported the item where the UK address is used and in what time period?

You must have provided it to some institution licensed within the EU and required to report according to criteria set out in the EU directive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭pat_sconce

The CCR includes current and previous addresses for each person/ entity.

One of the questions on any bank account application or loan application is your address if you have not been at the current address for at least 3 years.

So assuming you have an Irish bank account and/or a borrowing facility here (incl credit card, car PCP etc) you will have provided a previous address and this has been recorded.

If it wasn't, then I suspect there would be red flags due to a large unexplained gap.

Advertisement