Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Pure Telecom do VOIP and is it easy to move from EIR? Using FTTH .

Options
  • 15-07-2023 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭

I moved from VF to EIR but may a mistake in going to EIR no free calls during peak. Would like to try Pure but cant figure if their phone system is VOIP and I just plug phone into router as I do now!!

What is the router? I use a smartswitch.

Help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭cute geoge

What is voip ,it says connected to voip on bill anyway

They are identical set up as eir .am with them a few years for landline and broad band .I upgraded to fibre broadband last year .I am paying E57/month for all local ,national calls and fibre broadband and E10 extra for free mobile calls

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭swoofer

VOIP = Voice Over Internet Protocol. They have an offer for €35.00 pm 500mb. Going to give them a try for 12 months. What is the router?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭_John C

I was talking to them recently. The agent said they were using the Fritzbox 7530. Going to try them myself when my eir contract is up. Im considering their 1000mb for €40. Even though 500mb for €35 would be more then enough. But I'd like to test out my home network with the 1000mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭swoofer

Just an update the router FROM PURE I got for FTTH is the same as EIR make is SAGEMCOM. The siwtch for BB was very swift ordered Mon switched Friday. The phone took 2 weeks and I had to hassle them. I think they were not aware of 2 UANS.

Post edited by swoofer on

Advertisement