Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New supplier

• 16-07-2023 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi all,

At the end of August my contract with Bord Gais will expire. They offered me a new contract with discount less than 10 percent.

I was wondering, could I get a better deal with some other supplier?

Which supplier is the cheapest in Ireland?

What would you recommend?

I use only electricity, I don't have gas or any other kind of heating.

Thank you for the information.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Bonkers.ie are a good site for this type of information. Different providers are better for different homes. It's all down to usage, do you have gas & electric etc. I think around 40c per kw is the cheapest at the moment. Another thing you have to look at is the standing charge. The ones with lower standing change usually charge more per unit. Higher standing charge should mean lower charge per unit. A high usage home should be better on a high standing charge but lower unit rate. A very low usage home might be better on a low standing charge but higher unit rate

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭MobileState

Thank you for the information

• Registered Users Posts: 20 malonef

A lot depends on your usage patterns these days if you have a smart meter. Suppliers can now offer different prices at different times of the day and night. If you can shift some of your usage eg dish washing, clothes washing on timers, heat pump set to heat more at night, EV charging to 2 am, you can save a lot. Your smart meter data (if you have one already!) is the best way to check what your usage pattern and see what plan works best for you.

It's definitely got to the stage where there is no one right answer for everyone, but savings can be had by selecting a plan that suits you.

ESB Networks have a very handy site for accessing your smart meter data. Google "ESB my smart data" to get it.

Advertisement