Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where to stay in Venice with flight at 12.20

• 16-07-2023 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi, I am staying in Venice for one night before flight home. Our flight is at 12.20 pm and i have just read that you need to be at Marco Polo Airport 3 hours in advance of your flight. So i would need to be at airport at 9.20 am. I was going to book accommodation on the island close to the train station but now i am wondering if I should stay in one of the towns on the mainland and just spend the day in Venice and then return to the hotel and be closer to the airport for early transport to the airport as i think it looks complicated trying to get from hotel on island to airport early in the morning.

can anyone give me their advice/experience/knowledge. I can book the shuttle bus for €8.00 from Venice and am wondering if this is a good service and how long would i want to give the journey.

thank you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Sorry I don't know about where to stay but I would heed that advice to be there 3 hours before because checkin/bag drop, security and passport control can be painfully slow. Took us the guts of 2 hours to do all 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭suvigirl

I took the bus from Marco Polo airport to Venice and definitely took an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Mike3549

We took alilaguna blue line return boat shuttle, €15 one way or €27 each for return. I think it was 30mins trip to/from "Arsenale" stop.

F.Te Nove "A" was quite busy stop. Only 2 stops from/to airport.

We stayed in Sea To Sky apartments (see the pic bellow, on the right), quiet place, mostly locals. Arsenale stop for alilaguna and vaporetto, 15mins to apartment, 10 mins to Giardini vaporetto stop. Local shop just around the corner

Advertisement