Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID3 Brake failure?

Options
  • 17-07-2023 9:59am
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1

Hi, I purchased a new ID3 IN Late February however on Thursday last when attempting to park the car in a retail park, my brakes failed to stop the car and I eventually ended up, taking down a metal signage pole a d smacked I to a tree.

Thankfully only I was injured buy VW have scoffed at me when i explained about brakes failing to stop the car and the dealership asked to be kept updated..

On previous occasions I have had to floor the brakes to stop in normal time and distance.

Car is in being repaired but the fault isn't categorised and if it happened last Thursday the same could happen in a weeks time.

How do I go about getting this sorted.

Any help welcome 🙏 please

My insurance

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 duggoletmetellya

Marion let me tell you why you probably haven't got anywhere with vw or with anyone on this forum, there is no brake issue ever recorded other than yours, the vws have loads of warning symbols all over the dash if your brakes where to fail as you put it ,it would have notified you ,maybe if you drove with the electric hand brake stuck on and then when you tried to brake the pedal went to the floor because you boiled the brake fluid but you wouldn't be silly enough to drive with the parking brake engaged with a big red light on the dash telling ,would you ?????

Advertisement