Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving home and VirginMedia broadband cancellation

Options
  • 18-07-2023 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I am moving to a new property where VirginMedia cannot provide a service hence my existing connection cannot be transferred. Now, I'm still in contract with them till Sep'23. How can I avoid paying the cancellation charge as it's not my fault that VirginMedia is not operating in the new area. I can cancel the Direct Debit and they won't get the further bill amount but I want to do it in a proper way. Also, I served the notice period of one month which comes to an end in next couple of days. Any suggestions and feedbacks would be highly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

You signed a contract with them that states you will pay a fee if you cancel early. It might not be your fault that virgin dont operate in the new area you decided to move to but its also not their fault your moving to a place that doesnt have virgin.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Not a lot you can do I'd think but if you ring them and explain the situation they might waive payment for the last couple of months of the contract.

Advertisement