Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Licence Question

• 18-07-2023 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

In 2007, I applied for a provisional permit for A & B categories. Took the car test in 2009 and got the full licence.

My full licence also has an A category entry on it, valid til 2029.

Am I right in thinking I also have a full motorcycle licence? I definitely never took a motorcycle test.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭goblin59

does the A category have numbers after it? 79.04 means Trike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,741 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It'll be code 79.03 which is only for trikes.

Trikes used to be under class B but are now class A, so anyone who had a full B licence long enough ago to have trike entitlement gets class A with code 79.03 when they renew their full licence.

To ride a two-wheel bike you will need a motorcycle theory test and then a class A learner permit and IBT.

Some leaning three-wheelers have the wheels far enough apart to be classified as a trike, but most don't and are licensed as motorcycles.

Stupid tbh, if it leans then you need the same skills to ride it as any other motorcycle, trikes proper don't lean and are steered more like a car.

Scrap the cap!

Advertisement