Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving from Sky

• 18-07-2023 2:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

HI there,

I've been trawling through these pages and they are great. I have aSky Q box and Samsung QLED tv.

I'm looking to cancel Sky and trying to figure out what hardware I need to migrate to a ZGemma H7s. I need to install a UHF antenna for Saorview. In relation to getting the UK channels I have SKY Q but looking at my LNB, it looks like it only has 2 connections...Am I right in saying this won't work with H7s and I need to change the LNB to a hybrid?

Ive searched this a few times but just want to be sure before I splurge!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭swoofer

Yes you need a new lnb and as its a sky dish get a sky quad, look at ebay. A hybrid will cost more and its only if you want to return to sky q.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Manc-Red_

Seen dual lnb’s going for less than 20 quid on Amazon

Better Born Lucky Than Rich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yknaa

Worth asking Sky for Sky lite as you cancel. Keep the Sky Q box and FTA channels for €10 p/m. Cancel anytime. Use Now TV/Bargain alerts for cheapie access to Sky entertainment, sports etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

Thats exactly what I ended up doing. Thanks for all the advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

I didnt know they did that offer. I'm trying to leave Sky at the moment as my bundle is going from €50 to €106 as my contract is ending, but they are acting the maggot and their new Indian residence for the callcentre is not making it any easier. Might settle with them for the Lite TV and get broadband from VM. Actually works out cheaper then too then getting the bundle from VM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Hugh 2

Anyone figure out how to leave sky without phoning them ( don’t fancy holding in the phone for ages while being charged by the minute )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

What makes you think you will be charged for the phone call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭swoofer

Use 1800 92 74 76 and be patience

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Hugh 2

ok I had a look to see what 0181 no’s are

i presumed they were more expensive but I wasn’t prepared to spend potentially hours on a phone call

I managed to get my subscription cancelled ( a chat I started on the 13th) today

I just apparently have to wait out my 31day notice

Calls to 0818 numbers are NOT free. However – any calls made to 0818 numbers must be included in any “free” call bundles in your phone provider’s contract. This applies to mobile contracts, PAYG bundles and Landline 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Trampas

You just say no thank you and you don’t watch anything on the Sky channels. Thanks for the offer but can you put the cancellation through. When they feel no chance of keeping you they’ll just put it through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I cancelled Sky this month and told them I was moving out of the house, they asked did I want to move Sky with me and I said no, then they processed the cancellation without any of their usual sales tactics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭tiegan

Can I ask who you have moved to? Looking at the best/cheaper alternative to sky q not my first year contract is finishing up and the price going up!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

Is anyone having any problems getting through to them and actually cancelling?? The last time I asked to cancel I got put on hold and was never taken off hold!!! I gave up! I was just on again for 30 mins waiting and got cut off and now for my fourth attempt am at the back of the queue again. The call centre was bad before, but this is complete shite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭GIMP

Rang to cancel on Tuesday, got through the automated bullsh!t no issues and spoke to someone, their retention offers are really bad this year. I got rid of multi room and just kept basic package at a discount amount of 33e per month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Nothing yet. I am thinking of getting an Arris Freesat box as it works with the Sky Q Lnb and a Saoirview antenna.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Can you still record etc?

i Netflix, Disney and Apple apps are still available

Just off the phone , got Sky Lite for €10 which is basically the Irish channels and freesat channels. You can still record and use the apps.

I was going to buy a fee sat box, but for €120 a year this is better value and the feeesat and hassle of getting the Irish channels setup would probably be €400

multiroom was an extra €20. But I’ve a fire stick o I didn’t need it.

Post edited by ted1 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Out of curiosity is that using the Sky HD or Q box?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Is there a list of what channels remain available with Sky Lite and do you also need a HD subscription to get the HD versions of RTE & BBC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Rossvet

Is that Sky QLite still available or is it being offered?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭staples7

Advertisement