Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fritz!box V Sky Q Broadband Hub

Options
  • 18-07-2023 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭

I am planning to move from VM to SIRO - 500mb broadband with voip for calls.

Any views on the Sky Q broadband router versus the Fritzbox provided by both Digiweb and Pure, I believe? How is the set up and how are they both for good wifi reach?

We have Sky Q multiroom for television. Is it better to go with the Sky broadband hub for compatibility/reliabilty?

Pricewise there is very little difference - in the first year offers at least. If going with Sky I will try to get a deal on the TV package as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭SVI40

I moved from VM to Pure. With the VM box, max I ever got on Wi-Fi was circa 300Mb. With the Pure Fritz box, I'm getting the full 500Mb on Wi-Fi. No need for cable at all.

I've absolutely zero experience with Sky for internet, bar one of their sales team trying to assure me some years ago they could guarantee 100Mb to my home, despite it being FTTC, and not FTTH. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭1641

Thanks SV - that sounds great for Pure.

As for the Sky 100Mb FTTC I was getting 80Mb reliably (via ethernet cable) at a previous house. I think they sell it as "up to 100Mb". The wifi from the old hub was well down on that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭peter_h1979

I've had a similar journey. Moved from VM to Pure (OpenEir FTTH and not Siro). Like you I had the Fritzbox (even initially they sent me an F2000 router which I returned for a Fritz because I found the performance poor). Anyway I was getting almost full 500 Mbps over WIFI on fritzbox. Moved to Sky and got the sky hub router. Performance compared to the Fritzbox has been identical.

Advertisement