Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI 365 App BUG

Options
  • 18-07-2023 9:57pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭

OK, Folks,

This bug really should not have got through testing, the fact that it has suggests some very poor or abysmal quality control and testing.

Android 13, app version 2.7.1. or maybe 8.38, depending on where I look for the information, on Samsung Galaxy A34

I used my Laptop to process a Motor Tax renewal, and as part of the process, the mobile was sent the relevant swipe message, then required a log in to confirm the transaction,

What I did not expect, and was not happy about is that after completing the confirmation process, there is NO WAY to exit the page that tells me to return to the supplier to complete the transaction, and of course, in this situation, there is no supplier transaction to return to on the phone, as the transaction was processed on the laptop.

The only way I could find to clear the app, and ensure that it is closed for security reasons, is to force the phone into application management, and then force close it, and as far as I am concerened, that is a complete shambles and an unacceptable bug, as it causes potential security risks, and it should not be necessary to have to go to that level of the phone to exit from the application.

Another bug is that I have the phone set up to use biometric signon, but on this occasion, it did not offer me the option to use that log in, which I prefer.

Hopefully it won't take as long to fix this bug as it took to fix the last one I reported,

Regards

Steve

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Comments

Advertisement