Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roganstown vs St Margaret's

• 19-07-2023 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I've a pal flying over from the UK for 24 hours next week and we are going to play 2 rounds in the space of 24 hours (I have a very understanding wife). One at my home course and another the next day.

I've played St. Margaret's before and I enjoyed it. Never played Roganstown so I'm just wondering how the 2 compare. Both are close to the airport so suit us as he is flying back in the evening.

Considered Corrstown but I'm playing on Saturday and I don't fancy playing it twice in one week.

Which would you go for and why?

Post edited by slave1 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

St. Margarets and Roganstown are both good calls.

Only played Roganstown once, but I felt it was more generous off the tee. They are similar tracks in some ways. I don't know Corrstown though.

Though you won't go wrong with the above, for something different to break up the days, I'd suggest try one round in either St. M or Roganstown and the other in Corballis links. A completely different challenge, landscape, soil type and skill set required. Both rounds of golf will definitely stand out. Also they won't break the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭dk1982

Two fine courses but Margarets pips Roganstown for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Played St Margaret's several times, including a round a few weeks ago. Played Roganstown twice. For me it's St. Margaret's every time. Roganstown does nothing for me, not even sure why! Just left the place with no great desire to come back.

Had a great experience at St Margaret's a few weeks ago. Rang clubhouse for a burger on 9th tee. Finished the hole, popped into the bar. Wasn't ready. Told us they would drop to us. Halfway down the 10th they arrived in a buggy to hand over. And it was delicious as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

I'm a St Margaret's member but I like Roganstown too. Also, I played nearby Hollywood Lakes last weekend and it was in superb condition. Clubhouse is closed there for renovation though so forget eating afterwards.

And yes, the burgers in Margaret's are superb 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭soverybored1878

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement