Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplementary Pension and Job Seekers Benefit

• 19-07-2023 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

To get supplementary pension you must have first applied for any benefits like job seekers benefit.

To get job seekers benefit you must be looking for work. The supplementary pension rules state that any reduced or non payment of benefits must be for reasons "outside his/her personal control".

So, if I declare that I'm not actually looking for work, then any supplementary pension calculation would be made on the assumption that I was getting the benefit as looking for work would be under my control.

Is this interpretation correct?

What are people doing in practice?

What controls do they apply to someone over 62 years of age to verify that you are in fact looking for work?

Comments

Advertisement