Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applegreen 24 July

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Gave them 48€ worth business(fuel/car wash/two rolls/Crips/ muffins) which they would have never got 😃 ! So a win win for both parties

Car wash is meh as it does not spray wind on the car like circle K after wash leaving lot of watermarks

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,555 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Applegreen by me (Cherry Orchard, Dublin) was manic. It blocked traffic all the way down the main road. Half an hour to do a journey that would normally take 5 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,186 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

All that was left in my nearest was Blue Red Bull and mighty fuel queue

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Just picked up the longest jet wash at my local for €2.47. Happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Muffins were excellent value for 24c... I stocked up on some dairy milk, jellies, Tayto and couple of chicken rolls (which were terrible and stale but still, 2.47...)

• Advertisement

• I’d say fuel more like to go for 247 before 124 but here’s hoping! 😂

think is if they do you’ll never get into the forecourt in a month of Sundays. It’ll be a real luck of the draw and good timing.

I remember locally a new maxol opened a few years ago and to celebrate they had fuel 99.9 and the place was packed from 7am to 11pm closing.. most reckoned after the fact they spent more fuel waiting than they saved getting for 99c/L.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,813 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

It went for 24.7 off normal prices, so generally 136.9 for Petrol etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Pure pot luck with the fuel, was on the Clonsilla Road, D15 today after 14:30 and traffic was near a standstill from after the shops at Spar/Romayo etc. Presumed it was a crash/roadworks as a number of cars were doing u-turns and sure enough at the entrance of Castlefield Woods there was a nasty enough bang with the fire brigade on scene and directing traffic. Traffic didn't ease thereafter and it was only when I saw the Applegreen sign advertising petrol at 1.410 that I remembered the promotion. They had staff on the road advising the fuel discount was ending at 14:47 and it was going to be tight given the mayhem involved.

Hadn't planned on getting petrol and usually avoid D15 for fuel anyway but since passing at the opportune moment filled it just in time. Already had near 1/2 tank so only managed to get €60 but still a nice saving of over €10. By the time I'd paid prices were already back up over 1.65 and cars everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Total chaos as it caused a two mile tailback on the R152.

Advertisement