Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPS Charge from UK

Options
  • 19-07-2023 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

So bought from UK, paying €195 including packaging posting etc. They sent by UPS. UPS now want €54 before delivery. This seems excessively high. Anyone any knowledge if this is accurate please? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Looks like 23% vat + their fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,814 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

VAT plus admin charge. Seems about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Likely your €195 included UK VAT. My understanding is probably wrong, but UPS will charge you 23% of that (€44.85) and whatever they charge as a handling fee (Don't know how much this is but it can be as high as €15 - it should say on the breakdown you received) so it seems accurate to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Thank you for all the responses. I have stopped buying from UK but had no choice in this instance.

They did not provide a breakdown, just an email requesting I pay the €54

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,006 ✭✭✭✭L1011

UPSs fee is huge, so this is entirely normal. As well as trying to avoid buying from the UK, I try to avoid anything coming in via UPS now!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,814 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I buy from the UK regularly. I just ensure the seller is set up for EU sales, pay the Irish VAT to them, and the goods arrive hassle free.

I had no idea UPS were the only courier that charges a higher fee. I hope to remember this in future, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭pat_sconce

What do you call "huge"? A delivery I received had a fee of about €10. If I'm buying anything from the UK I'll either check is the seller is pre-clearing or have the seller sell to me with UK vat deducted. But to call the UPS fee "HUGE" is pure scaremongering

• Advertisement

This has become a total s&*%show from UPS. Yes they are adding a €20 brokerage fee. Even the company who sent me the product were shocked by this, saying they've never seen this before and are looking into it.

The package hasn't even arrived. It was to arrive yesterday but they had some trailer story/issue. Driver refused to deliver today because that driver doesn't do COD. Yet when I paid the fees they called them CODs! You could not write this stuff

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Brokerage or Customs clearance is around since Moses wore short pants. Any goods arriving into the EU must clear customs, either in advance or on arrival.

I must check old dockets if I have them. I don't recall ever seeing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

UPS admin fee is 18.50 or so

Fedex 15.00

Last time, UPS wanted cash on the doorstep whereas Fedex will send an invoice after delivery.

I try to avoid UK sellers that won't remove UK VAT as it's no fun paying two lots of it.

I paid 55 in fees last Friday. Still no sign of parcel. They didn't even update their website with my tracking number on it. UPS are a complete no no for me. I have never seen such bad service.

Advertisement