Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawnmower cuts out

Options
  • 19-07-2023 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have a ProLawn self propelled lawn mower. Hyundai engine. Had a bit of an issue this year with it cutting out. Turned out to be old fuel. Cleaned out and serviced; New air filter, spark plug etc. Was told that these days petrol is only good for a few weeks.

In recent weeks its giving trouble again. It runs for a minute then cuts out.

I've drained the fuel (it was only 3 weeks old but just to be sure), cleaned the carb with carb cleaner, cleared the jets etc and cleaned the fuel filter. It runs for a minute then cuts out. If when it starts to cut out (chugging) I pump the primer button, it keeps running for about a minute then cuts out.

It alwas starts up with no issues first pull of the cord. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭amandstu

I had a loose spark plug cap that caused it to stop.But I don't think that is what you have.

Hope you get it sorted .

It was a curse and a blessing as I could not mow the lawn for a while but I secretly rejoiced as the grass grew longer .

Sadly I worked out the solution to the problem and I am back on the tread mill.

:-)

Could the float in your carb be sticking?(used to happen to me years ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,353 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Sounds like it could have a tiny air leak on the fuel supply/ primer.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭pat_sconce

BS on the petrol being "old" after a few weeks - I'd avoid that fool very quickly.

I'd have the carburettor checked

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭Grueller

Air inlet to the tank blocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I leave petrol sitting in the mower and cannister all through the winter and it works grand the following spring

• Advertisement
Advertisement