Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheno unction - Dairy ointment for back pain.

• 20-07-2023 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

A Question for people that might have knowledge of the above.

I am home carer for my mother who is in her late 80's and has terrible back pain.  She gets some relief when the dairy ointment cheno unction is applied to her back. At the moment it is being applied twice a day.

Anyone have any positive or negative stories of using such ointment or are you aware of any long term side effects.

She is going the medical route for back pain but with limited success.

Thanks.

Post edited by greysides on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Some people use Uddermint also know as Miracle Cream for muscular pain.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

From memory I think cheno unction was used for chapped teats, the udder mint might give better results. However your GP is more likely the best option.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,784 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

This is the one we use a bit cheaper than the udder mint

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

MOD:

OP, you will have to judge that for yourself. The contemperaineous use of many commonly available and used items with medicines can be tricky enough when you look into it.

No one here is qualified to say what you're doing is completely safe and will have no effect on other medicines she may be taking.

Consequently, it is necessary to close this thread.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement