Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fordson major disk brakes missing

Options
  • 21-07-2023 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Howye, I decided to tackle my brakes on my super major recently, and did the standard tests to see the condition, I knew only 1 brake worked well, so whenever i needed to stop I engaged the diff lock and both wheels braked then. When i checked the weak one, i realized it did absolutely nothing. So I did a bit of inspecting and realized there were no components whatsoever behind the cover plate. No actuator, disks, springs, nothing.

So I was just looking for the parts and whatnot to get the brake working and I'm just double checking that i have everything required before I order anything.

Are the parts in the image all I need to get a working brake? Works out to about 160 euro including postage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

I also don't think you need liners if buying new discs.

Have you looked at the working side.

Also you seem to be on a uk website, have you looked at John Conaty or Bradley tractor parts or tractor spares.ie. Importing from the UK could get you caught for customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 macho-leddy

Ah that makes sense about the liners, I checked a couple irish sites but they weren't there but I'll jack conaty now, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 49 macho-leddy

I found a irish site with the parts, also thanks fir kitting ne know about the liners not being needed

Advertisement