Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Option to hide threads

Options
  • 22-07-2023 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,420 ✭✭✭✭

Just some feedback. I like Boards but sometimes I get a bit dismayed about some of the topics I see coming up on the trending or recent posts feeds

For example, every time I see the "time for a zero refugee policy" thread it just makes me a little bit angry and annoyed. The whole conspiracy theory forum irritates me, I don't want to engage with those 99% of the time.

Rather than try to stop the conversation that some people clearly want to have, can we have a setting to hide specific threads so they no longer show in the feed?

It will allow people to focus on the positive and not get drawn into a cycle of negativity

I would suggest an option to hide individual threads, or whole subforums, with a profile setting that shows them and allows users to unhide them

Post edited by Spear on

Advertisement