Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else's Amazon packages from UK running late?

Options
  • 22-07-2023 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭I am me123

Ordered package due to arrive last Wednesday from Amazon UK. Order status says its on the way but running late. No updates since.

Anyone else the same issue?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

It happens the off time. A few days ago I got the same message but the item arrived anyhow on the expected date.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Ordered some environmentally friendly dog poo bags cause I couldn't get to the usual shop, from prime. Kinda imagined maybe they have dog poo bags in stock in their fulfilment centre in Ireland or even UK or maybe they were good value or better for the environment.

They are being shipped personally to me from Germany. It is beyond ridiculous. 🙄

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

They can't stock everything in every fulfillment centre, they tend to stock whats popular in Ireland and it sounds like its either not popular in Ireland (in fairness there's lots of different eco dog bags) or as I said they can't stock everything in every fulfillment centre.

If you were really concerned about eco then why not buy locally? 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Germany is first choice fallback for EU states, shipping for a third country where you may have delays due to the customs issues is the last choice. If you read the product page carefully it tells you where the item will be dispatched from and if that changes you'll also be informed, so it is possible to choose be for environmentally minded if you wish to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭pat_sconce

There are sporadic strikes in some of the UK warehouses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭I am me123

Thanks. I got an update from the seller who said it has been dispatched from warehouse since 9th July, and can take 10 -14 days to deliver. Hopefully this week 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Huge delays with deliveries recently.

All Eyes On Rafah

• They are having serious and unsurprising industrial relations issues and strikes over pay, conditions and union recognition:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2023/jul/11/i-am-not-a-robot-why-amazon-workers-are-striking-on-prime-day

• Registered Users Posts: 10,814 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

My last two deliveries from Amazon.uk (past week) took 4 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Ordered razor blades last Wednesday afternoon and they were delivered on Friday morning. Excellent as always but I have Prime.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Have ordered loads over the last few weeks and they all turned on time or early :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

No issues with Prime deliveries. Turning up when they should - or even a day early.

Although pre-orders are still a problem for 2 reasons

1/ Debit card is constantly declined when they're about to ship. AIB blame Amazon. Amazon blame AIB.

2/ Often not being despatched until 2 or 3 days after release date. Whereas if I don't pre-order and just order the same item on release date, it ships straightaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,814 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Ordered last night and items dispatched(Trafford park UK) at 4am. Cleared customs and in the PO this afternoon for delivery tomorrow. Not prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Anything coming from the Irish warehouse is usually next day, from the UK 2-3 days, but anything that ends up coming from Germany more like a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Bought multiple items from Amazon UK 2 weeks ago, all fulfilled by Amazon themselves. They shipped them in 3 lots - 2 largest ones arrived on time (AnPost), however the smallest one (2 tiny drill bits in an envelope) they surprisingly decided to send by DPD. And (I guess) there's a sort of incompatibility between Amazon and DPD as (despite 100% correct address, including Eircode, on Amazon) they somehow put pre-eircode ZZ50AA code with the rest of my address. As a result, the envelope was bouncing back and forth throughout DPD network in Ireland all last week and finally arrived last Friday with my correct Eircode written down by hand on the envelope. Not really Amazon's fault, but, maybe, theirs. Should've been posted by regular post, without hiccup. :-P

Advertisement