Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Centres

Options
  • 22-07-2023 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭

What are the main big garden centers worth visiting for ideas around Limerick? Ones with actual interesting stuff in them not the usual B&Q/Woodies. Other ones you look up on google Maps tend to be more smaller florist style shops and Im not interested in those either, Im looking for big places like the one in Clarenbridge.

Comments

McLysaghts

The one in Croagh

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Bicyclette

Ardnacrusha Garden Centre Curraghchase Garden Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭djdunny

Rockbarton in Bruff https://rockbarton.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Excellent stuff thanks, is the tea rooms place out towards Tesco on the Ennis Road any good?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

The Busybee garden centre? I like it, I got a tiny lime tree there last year, and they have some good stuff in general, not huge, which is good for the budget ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

Clarinbridge have opened a branch in Crecora. It's in the old Stone Age showroom in the old schoolhouse. Very nice and they give you a free coffee while you browse

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Don’t waste your time with this one. I went out with my parents to the “sale” launch night a few weeks ago. We’d been in their one up in Clarinbridge and were expecting good things. Very disappointed with what we saw, plants looking very withered and uncared for, some actively shrivelling up. Everything massively overpriced. An ornamental feature my mother had paid €50 for in another garden centre was priced at €70 in Crecora and was marked “half price”. It was actually unbelievable.

Co-Op in Raheen, D&M in Croagh, Curraghchase Garden Centre,and Aherns outside Kilmallock are all well run garden centres with good choice and expert advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LMK

Advertisement