Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bosch Washing Machine-won't switch on

Options
  • 23-07-2023 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Have a Bosch Serie 4 washing machine. Was working fine until today. I went to switch it on and nothing happened. I checked the socket with a lamp and that's working fine. It seems to flicker on sometimes just for a second and then nothing.

I'm just wondering could it be the fuse in the plug that might need replacing but as it's flickering on occasionally I assume it's not that?

I will call in the professionals but just wondering if there's anything else I could try before I do that.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If there was an error code showing it could be just a reset it needs but with no code it's likely something more serious. You could have a look at the manual to see what the reset procedure is, usually pressing of a few buttons in a sequence, won't do any harm to do this either way. Manuals should be up online if you don't have them to hand. I'd also try replace the plug in the fuse to rule that out.

Presuming everything else is right with the machine for water going in and out the next thing I would look at is the mains/noise filter, these are about €30-€50. Best to test with a multimeter to see if this is the cause before replacing. These being faulty can result in the fuse in the plug blowing or it tripping the RCD.

Advertisement