Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warranty on electrical installation work

• 24-07-2023 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Had an Ev charger installed in Jan 2022. Worked fine but problem with original work only became clear when I got solar panels installed. Can I hold original installer responsible, after a year and a half?

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,235 ✭✭✭10-10-20

This would be better off in the electrical forum, but can you detail some of the issues observed?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pamod1280

I believe the CT clamp has been placed incorrectly and it is stopping the Harvi unit from working. That or the Harvi is faulty. Installer saying it was fine when he put it in but this particular fault only showed when trying to charge car from solar. I'm not looking for electrical help here - just to know about warranty length on work. Can I insist he do a site visit under warranty or is time up on that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,235 ✭✭✭10-10-20

As far as I know warranty on workmanship such as an electrical installation is goodwill based as it was a one-time job, so unless you have a document or contact from the installer which says otherwise then your request would be based on the goodwill of the business and their desire to maintain a good customer relationship.

Did you phone them to see what they say?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pamod1280

The job was subcontracted to an electrician so my first point of contact is the company. Have been in email contact. Hard to get them to answer the phone!

Advertisement