Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved to Bill Pay with Three - Now Have 2FA Issues with PTSB & Paypal

• 24-07-2023 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

I've had a nightmare couple of weeks trying to get access to view my bank account since moving to bill pay and moving the same sim over to a new phone.

Rang PTSB several times. Every time I try to log in it locks me out for 24 hours, and won't send the 2FA text to the new phone.

3 are saying that this is being looked into and it's the fault of a 3rd party, but this also happens when I try log into paypal and I'm locked out of that too as a result.

I've spent hours to try get this resolved and I've no faith in any of them to get this sorted any time soon and just hoping none of my DDs or mortgage doesn't bounce and leave me in bad credit. There are several DDs all connected to the bank account.

From a quick search it appears this happens to a lot of people when moving to 3 bill pay, even though 3 support are telling me it's a current general issue that's being looked into.

https://community.three.ie/t5/Bill-Pay-Plans-and-Services/Do-not-receive-text-messages-from-banks-and-Apple-etc/td-p/771310/page/4 

I'm locked into a 24 month contract now even though nothing is working properly, and raging that I have signed up with them even though it's been a disaster - never mind using all my allotted minutes trying to get this sorted.

I have been told I need to keep checking back in with them to see if it has been resolved, as if I have absolutely nothing better to be doing!! Jokeshop.

Advertisement