Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair flights booked through loveholidays

Options
  • 24-07-2023 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4 konflikt

Right I’m having issues with loveholidays. I’ve paid the majority of the monthly payments but I’m trying to change hotel at the minute after recent reviews of the hotel. It’s supposedly a Kip. I’ve checked the prices for other hotels on trivago but when I try to book the same hotel on loveholidays they are €200 more expensive.

my question is, as I’ve more than paid for the cost of the flights, and I’ve gone through the Ryanair third party verification process which has changed the booking email address that loveholidays booked the flights under. The flights are now under my account in my Ryanair app. Can loveholidays cancel the flights if I refuse to pay the remainder of the cost of the holiday.

id happily pay the full amount if loveholidays could quote me the same amount as the rest of the booking sites are quoting me.

So since the flights were paid in full when the trip was booked, can they cancel them?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭pat_sconce

You have booked through loveholidays - that's where the contract is. You agreed to terms and conditions and obviously chose that hotel.

You will have zero rights to any refunds whatsoever and if you do not pay what you agreed to pay, they can very easily cancel the flights.

And as far as hotel reviews go, I take them with a pinch of salt. Usually Karen's expecting 5 star service and a two star price. Usually English Karen's too and you will find they will complain about anything, yet give the local kebab shop a 5 star rating.

As for Trivago. It's an advertising site and sometimes not "as advertised".

• Registered Users Posts: 4 konflikt

Thanks for the reply.

but can they still cancel the flights after the Ryanair verification process? This has changed the email address that loveholidays booked with.

im just exploring options if this goes bad.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Trampas

How long are you going for? €200 over 2 weeks and €200 over a weekend are two different things. What did they say when it comes to swapping?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

+1 on the reviews. A fun past time is to look up the reviews for some of your favourite places and read the one star comments. People will complain about anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭claregal1

Hey , I cancelled before with Love Holidays , they refunded me the money I had paid for the hotel not the flights . Think they took 50 euro admin fee off my refund .

You will not get the flight money back and the flight will still be on your ryanair app .

They have an online chat service as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭pat_sconce

Yep, I was in a hotel in Agadir that had several one star reviews - main gripe was that it did not have an English breakfast available.

Yep, Brits are that stupid that they think the world revolves around them and anything they dislike means a one star review is guaranteed.

Btw, it was an excellent hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭89897

Really do take reviews with a pinch of salt. As someone mentioned its people that want 5 star service and amenities but want to pay 2 star prices. I stayed somewhere last summer for a long weekend that had so many 1 star reviews and it was fab.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭John.G

Friend just told me that as he booked the flights as well as the holiday with Loveholidays that when checking in he had to take photos of himself + R.air charged him 58cent for the pleasure, does this just apply to booking through a third party and what's the reasoning behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭John.G

This may be the reason, third party didn't supply correct details to R.air.

https://www.mylondon.news/lifestyle/travel/warning-people-booking-ryanair-flights-26890182

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

I was in a hotel, also in Agadir and there was a couple at reception giving out yards that there was no kettle in the bedroom. 27 degrees outside and yer man wants a hot cup of tea. And you can get tea in the bar almost 24 hours a day. I bet he left a 1 star review. Despite the staff bending over backwards daily to accomodate all kinds of mad requests.

• Advertisement

• You will have lost your flight money if you cancel, that’s a sure fact. So either you go along with the trip, chance staying in the hotel with dodgy reviews, eat out, or book locally into a different hotel if you can’t stand the one already booked.

I am currently into the habit of booking my packages via an Irish travel agent whose first part of the name is “click” and have had zero problems with Ryanair etc. Re long distance travel, the agency has several times rerouted me when they thought connection times etc were unacceptable, they really take the stress and slog out of booking and have been good about changing hotels for me when appropriate. I travel with a disability so they know my status by now and always make sure I get the wheelchair assistance. Just a tip for anyone doing travel arrangements, hard to beat a reputable online Irish fully full services travel agent.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

One star reviews are generally a reflection on the person reviewing rather than the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in was in Playa Blanca in Lanza.

It was a 3 star, but regularly got reviews of 1-2 . Place was lovely but was a bit of a walk out of town and the breakfast they provided was a continental, not a fry.

When I actually read the reviews these were the main complaints. Actually spoke to the hotel manager while there, sound guy. Said he knew we were Irish as he has become so irritated buy the sound of the English that he usually puts them in the worst rooms :)

Advertisement