Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spotify premium

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ch20

I got error message in Google play while trying to sub for Spotify premium

"your transaction can't be completed. To continue this transaction, use a different payment instruction or contact us".

I tried two different cards. No luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭ccull123

Any spots available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

I just managed to get spotify in Turkey! Happy days!

The trick for me was that i already had a turkish gmail account with google pay ( revolut card set up) used blustacks on pc, loged in 2ith my turkish google account to get the app, signed in the app, selected google pay as payment option and turned off VPN for payment, worked like a charm.

Post edited by mistress_gi on

• Advertisement

For setting up family members i had to log in to they account with VPN set to turkey, changed country to Turkey clicked on the add link, changed the address to my address presto, working foe everyone.

It only works for people who didn't have an active premium sub, i couldn't change the address to Turkey with an active subscription.

I hope this helps someone looking for a cheap spotify premium account.

It woks out at about 2.20 euro a month for a premium family account.

I'll report back in a month when the first payment comes out!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DylanGTi

Is this still working?

I have the Turkish Google account, tried with Surfshark and Windscribe on phone and Bluestacks, was able to pay for F1 TV & Deezer and few apps but Spotify saying country isn't supported.

I didn't have that issue on any other apps I tried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭Kilough

Anybody got a family spot available? I'd happily take it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Worked for me 3 weeks ago. Try a new email address or different vpn

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭EnzoScifo

Yeah this doesn't seem to be working. I've tried numerous emails and VPNs, bluestacks and old phones and am still getting the not supported in your country thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Did you change the country to Turkey in the Spotify app?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DylanGTi

I got it working eventually, I used a free VPN (VPN.lat) - connected to Turkey server & Installed Spotify using Turkish Google account.

Then I signed into my Turkish Spotify profile with VPN still on, went to Premium tab and selected Google Pay option, before clicking green continue button I disconnected VPN, once VPN was disconnected I clicked continue and was able to pay.

I linked my Revolut card to Turkish account first before anything else.

Same as i did! It worked perfectly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jvrk

Just an update monthly money came out of revlout for Spotify via Google pay so all seems good.

I did. Using the vpn lat app got me a step closer than windscribe did, I got to the google wallet confirmation, use my revolut, but once it tries to process I get an error saying use a different pay instrument.

I'll keep plugging away and hope for the best. Good to see it working for others

I would set up a new email account in turkey (vpn on) you can do that with the instructions here

then use that email to set up a new spotify account (vpn on, select turkey, not sure you need to do this) and then, when it goes into payment just switch off the VPN and you should be set 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Finally set up new Spotify and Google accounts in Turkey. Had to delete all other Google accounts on the phone before I got the option to pay for Spotify through Google Pay. Took a while to set up a card with Google Pay in my Turkish Google account, possibly because I still had the other accounts on the phone at the point. Have three months free trial now but I can see on my Google Play account that there's 39.99 lira due to be taken in November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

I'll set up a family account. Is anybody interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Confused11811

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭ccull123

I will take a spot if available

I'm having no joy today with setting up spotify on my "Turkish" google account using the same process Windscribe and virtual Revolut Mastercard. Strangely I had no issue resetting up my Turkish Disney plus account today with the same setup. Prior to today I couldn't get that working for months 😂

I hear ya! I couldn't repeat the steps even if my life depended on it! I blundered through getting the card onto the Turkish google account and at one point I had to add a Turkish address but no way was Spotify giving me an option to pay with Google Pay. Removing all trace of the other Google accounts seemed to be key. If that hadn't worked my next step was going to be wiping the phone and starting from scratch. Funny enough, I had forgotten to turn on the VPN when the Google Pay appeared and I just clicked on it. Then I was worried I'd messed it up but it's there under subscriptions in my Turkish Google account set to pay in lira.

It's like black magic !!!

I'll try it again in a few weeks and see what happens. Until then I'll stick with Tidal and I'm also trying out Spotify via xManager (worth googling)

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

I can’t get past the payment page. I used the new instructions above for getting a new google account without adding a phone number. I downloaded the play store via vpn and Spotify via vpn.

I added a virtual revolt with a Turkish address to google play to pay for Spotify. Spotify tells me I’m in turkey but won’t allow me to pay with google play it keeps saying it’s not supported in my country. I’ve tried with & without vpn & no luck. I’ve tried card payment & obviously it rejects it.

Hopefully some new work around comes in next few weeks.

Does the google pay option show up?

Impatience got the better of me and I followed the instructions on how to set up an actual Turkish debit card issues by a Turkish financial institution.

I set up a Fups card basically using the instructions here - https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/how-to-buy-directly-from-xbox-turkey-store-at-face-value-currency-rates-using-a-reloadable-fups-virtual-debit-card-no-vpn-required-4158810

Not for the faint of heart but it worked. I was able to use the card directly on the Spotify website without the need for google play/payment.

Install the fups app from playstore. Change language to English by clicking over the 3 dots to the top right of the screen and selecting English. Enter your first and last name details and your email address. A 6 digit code will be sent to your selected email address, enter that into the app. You'll then need a Turkish phone number to proceed further. I didn't follow the guide for the next step I used a different provider which was mentioned in the guides comments.

I set up a virtual Turkish phone using 5sim.biz/. I set up an account there and topped it up by 105 Ruble (that's about one euro, I used a revolut disposable card for the payment). I then selected "Fups" for the service, turkey for the country and virtual32 for the phone operator service. It generated a phone number which I used in the Fups app. Fups then sends a code to that phone number. The verification code is displayed on the 5sim.biz/ webpage, then input the verification code back into fubs and the hard part is over.

Then I followed Steps 3 and 4 of the hotdeals guide to buy a card for the fubs account, set up that card and to transfer funds from revolut to Fups

I added the fups card to google play but still got the "your transaction can't be completed. To continue this transaction, use a different payment instruction or contact us" error. So I just used the card directly on Spotify and it went through first time.

For you anime fans out there the fubs card also works with Crunchyroll Turkish accounts. It cost about 12 euro for the annual mega fan turkish sub, it's about 10 times cheaper than the US and Europe .

Setting up fubs cost about 5-6 euro, it's not easy and not for everyone but I'm happy , it will be well used :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

I'm interested in the family account for sure

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If you have a space available can you let me know please :)

Advertisement