Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advantage Feeder/O'Neill ALCI feeders for heavy cattle

Options
  • 25-07-2023 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Has anyone any experience with the Advantage Feeder with heavy cattle? I'd be looking to run groups of about 30 x 600kg bullocks getting a few kg for the summer. I hear the O'Neil version is a better job, is available to hold up to 6 ton but is about 50% more expensive, and worst of all is a bit of a lead time!

I'm concerned the Advantage might be a little too light or that I may not be able to successfully run larger groups of heavy cattle with it. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭epfff

No experience with either feeder but I have a condron holding 4/5 tonne. Well made feeder and well able to handle 40+ cattle.

On a side not I stoped using it outdoors because I found cattle were very hard on ground around it and also they weren't making use of grass in fields.

Advertisement