Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overhanging Trees and Bushes

Options
  • 25-07-2023 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I live next door to a golf course and they have old trees, bushes and ivy which is now totally overgrown and a nuisance. I moved in 2 years ago, the year we moved in, it was fine and trimmed back after we requested it was done before we moved in. The estate agent told us the golf course do it when requested. Last year I contacted them to do the same and was basically told to sling my hook. We cut them back ourselves but obviously only as high as we could reach with a ladder.

This year it is now out of control with 1 tree touching the house and the garden completely unusable on that side, I contacted them 6 weeks ago and they said they would send someone out when they get around to it. I have contacted them again and was told they will do it at some stage but no idea when.

My question is, do they have a responsibility to maintain their trees?

I got a quote from a gardening company of 850euro to cut it all back to the boundary, which obviously I cannot afford to fork out.

How can I proceed with this?

TIA

Advertisement