Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tinted number plates

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭French Toast

Anything aside from NCT spec is **** imo. German font, tinted, 4D - load of nonsense.

I remember seeing a Peugeot with Japanese dimension plates on which there was German style font. Identity crisis.

🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 28,993 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Except that I didn't claim that "both wheels AND tyres aren't essential for a car to be mechanically propelled". I did question the definition of 'mechanism', as legal definitions tend to be a fairly complex area, which is why we pay solicitors and barristers the big bucks.

So just in case of any doubt, I admired one illegal act, which results in a minor inconvenience, and is aimed at saving our planet, while pointing out that a different illegal act, which is aimed at looking cool and possibly avoiding detection isn't such a great idea.

Actually, now that I think about it, I really didn't say anything at all about illegal plates, except that anyone who wanted to avoid getting fined has an easy way to avoid such fines.

But it looks like you've been carrying some grudge around in your head for a years, and you think you've got a gotcha now to put me in my place.

Sorry to disappoint you.

@flyer_query I'd suggest that's me 2-1 into the lead with a brute force attack?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,873 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Legal size in Ireland for a bike plate is half the width, half the height and half the stroke width of a car plate. A lot smaller than the UK bike plate.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Yeah Right

Ah here, I'm done with this pedantic bollocks, I'll not be replying further.

Except that I didn't claim that "both wheels AND tyres aren't essential for a car to be mechanically propelled". I did question the definition of 'mechanism'

If they're required to mechanically propel the vehicle then they are part of the mechanism, by definition. You're trying to cast doubt on this by hiding behind legal definitions. GTFO of here with that nonsense.

So just in case of any doubt, I admired one illegal act, which results in a minor inconvenience, and is aimed at saving our planet, while pointing out that a different illegal act, which is aimed at looking cool and possibly avoiding detection isn't such a great idea.

Coming out to find your tyres have been deflated is not a minor inconvenience. It's a pain in the hole and can lead to all sorts of major inconveniences like missed appointments or worse. It's not some heroic act, it's pure vandalism of the worst kind…….the kind that directly negatively impacts your fellow man.

Actually, now that I think about it, I really didn't say anything at all about illegal plates, except that anyone who wanted to avoid getting fined has an easy way to avoid such fines.

You were acting like a sanctimonious so and so, wagging your finger and chastising another poster in a smarmy manner….."well, you know how to avoid those fines don't ya". It's clear as day that you think illegally interfering with another person's property is commendable while other illegal acts are not. That's what stuck out for me, especially given your previous posts on this topic. Using tinted plates has absolutely zero impact on everyone else. You think one illegal act (which affects your fellow citizens) takes courage, while the other (which doesn't) doesn't take courage. This is the dictionary definition of hypocrisy. Your mental gymnastics to excuse this hypocrisy and refusal to discuss the matter like an adult are, unsurprisingly, infantile but expected.

But it looks like you've been carrying some grudge around in your head for a years, and you think you've got a gotcha now to put me in my place.

Sure thing, Walter Mitty…..whatever you say. Add me to your list of arch enemies if it helps you sleep at night.

I'd suggest that's me 2-1

I was already 2-1 ahead, do try to keep up 😉 But, like I said, I've no desire to continue this pedantry with a self-appointed, hypocritical arbiter of right and wrong.

You have a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,873 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

@AndrewJRenko when you said people were risking a conviction you were surely accepting that what they were doing was illegal!

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Advertisement
Advertisement