Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racist idiot in Dublin posted video on FB

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

my yt description explains what it is about if you don't want to watch.

"Racist idiot in Dublin first says he's not racist & then moves his camera to a black couple minding their own business & then starts harassing women, with young children & even the babies, asking the women, who look young themselves if they had robbed any nappies"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,798 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Why are you posting this?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

Fair question. I have debated on boards plenty of times before about racism & immigrants in Ireland, people on here have told me racism literally just doesn't exist in Ireland anymore, it's a liberal country, LGBTQ rights are some of the best in the world and abortion was legalized and left-wing parties & movements are more popular than ever, I think those things are good & important but racism certainly still exists here. They're obviously a minority of Irish people but a more significant minority than people would like to believe & far-right parties are also growing & I'm sure their rhetoric helps embolden racists here like Trumps rhetoric did in the US.

Although I'm sure some people will enjoy this video for it's content as racism against Irish travellers & Eastern European Romani people seem to be the last acceptable forms of racism in Europe.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,577 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Who in their right mind would watch that video though?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,798 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Anyone saying that racism doesn't exist in Ireland is clearly posting in bad faith. Posting this video won't change that one bit. I'm not sure why you thought you'd change anyone's mind by post in.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

Fair play to him !

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Do you think we don't realise racism exists in the country? I still don't see why you posted that cr@p.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,577 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mod

Closed, please don't post threads like this again.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement