Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New provider

Options
  • 25-07-2023 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi hope someone can help me, want to know if any broadband providers can use the existing cables in to our house that virgin and previously UPC used.

We would like to change provider and EIR advise they need to use the phone line which requires running a cable from outside in to the house, sky need to do same with a dish. We can't do anything to the walls like drill holes etc.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

Your best bet would try some supplier who uses siro. They use the electricity cable and run a very small cable from the meter box .

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

No other supplier will reuse the existing coax cable.

I'd put the question to the landlord / letting agent.

Can't remember the details, but I did ask if fitting a satellite dish and having a superser was an issue or not. Both were given the nod, but I made a point of doing a neat and tidy install.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭RobiePAX

What's wrong with Virgin themselves? If price is the issue, just cancel contract and get your family member to sign up and you'll get new customer price.

Virgin traditionally don't share cables with anyone. Something was in the news that Virgin is going to wholesale their lines to Vodafone but I'm not sure when is that meant to launch.

Advertisement