Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting site for mobile home

Options
  • 26-07-2023 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭

A mate of mine has sold his house to move closer to home. He hasn’t been able to get a house locally yet but want to move out of the sold house so he can get the kids can get enrolled in school here.

I own a little paddock next to his parents and he wants to rent it to put a mobile home on it until they can get a house.

what’s a reasonable price to charge?

West county Meath

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭enricoh

If it can be seen from the road forget it.

I've a lad renting a mobile in the yard, he's a relation of the missus n he's heading to Oz in a year or so. Previous crowd left n I advertised it for lads working in Dublin mon-fri before n had tons of enquiries but none inspired me. I charge him e120 a week and ESB coin yoke. I'd get 240 no bother with a few builders. e80 a week into the paw?

What if he don't want to leave?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,099 ✭✭✭✭elperello

It will require planning permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Just to be clear he’s supplying the mobile. He just wants the plot to put it on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

his missus won’t put up with it long term so I don’t think him leaving will be an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭enricoh

His missus might bail out n then he is long term!

Done a year in one while building, didn't mind the winter but stifling in the summer.

I take it he's tapping into folks septic tank. Planning permission ain't happening before u start. E80 a week is looking after him, I seen a 3 bed semi near me in Balbriggan e2750 recently - nuts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement