Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLINKIST 1 Year Subscription With Code - €4 - VPN needed for one step

• 26-07-2023 10:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

Use code keeplearning_cs_li90 for 90% off.

This seems to work best through the Chrome browser on a phone or laptop, not sure if it works in the app.

• Turn on VPN to India, get through to the final billing stage and apply the code above
    • It should change to 4 Euro for a years sub
    • Turn off VPN if you wish
    • Process payment and away you go
    • Remember to cancel the subscription afterwards
    • Code valid until 27th July.

Blinkist is a professional book summary service that allows you to understand the key insights from the world's best non-fiction books in 15 minutes or less. Super useful app for those just wanting to get the summary of a book, and all the important points, without giving hours of their life up for it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

Very good deal thanks - if anyone misses it - or want to try it out first - they give one free book away each day at this page ->

https://www.blinkist.com/en/content/daily

The book changes every day - no account necessary.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Doodah7

So authors go to the time, trouble and effort to write their books and this website charges people with goldfish-like attention spans to summarise them.

We have reached peak dumbing down...

(I'm not criticising the deal, more the morons that rely on such services).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭ablelocks

morons is a bit harsh in fairness - i haven't used the service but might now with this offer - to get key concepts probably but also to get an idea of what the book is about before purchasing it.

Usually i get business type books from amazons kindle deal of the day but that's random and sometimes the books can be older.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Perhaps 'morons' is a little harsh but the back or inside cover was always the way that readers found out what a book was about. I assume that while this service would help in this regard, I suspect that it has got to the stage that the vast majority of users of this site are just too lazy to read (!) and use this as a substitute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭brimal

I get what you are saying, I found the concept quite strange to begin with.. What if I miss something good from the full book? Can I actually say I have “read” the book? Would I be caught out discussing the book with a “real” reader?

But we get all sorts of stuff in summarised form.. football match highlights, news bulletins, etc.

Going to give this a go, thanks OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭ooter

Nice one op €3.32 for 12 months through revolut, sure you can't go wrong for that price.

€63.99 for 12 months on the Irish website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Worked perfectly. Can you cancel straight away or do you have to wait for 14 trial period to end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

3£ premium membership till next July. That'll do

Advertisement