Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadloch (Australian Crime/Comedy show)

• 26-07-2023 3:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

I finished watching a brilliant Austrailan crime/comedy show a couple of weeks back called Deadloch. It is about 2 detectives investigating the discovery of a mans body in a Tasmainan town. Very witty writing and the cast are great. Its pretty full on with the language but it is a great story. Well worth a watch imo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Karmella

I watched this aswell (been wondering if anyone else had!). It’s batsh1t and ridiculous and over the top but it’s supposed to be and I enjoyed it. Although Eddie is really really annoying and over the top for the first few episodes but she toned it down a bit thankfully or it may have become unwatchable. Loved the way they overplay the stereotypical misogynist aussie male.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

We just finished this and really enjoyed it. The characters have room to evolve (especially Eddie) and the over-the-top foul-mouthed Eddie is hilarious. I've never heard so many c-bombs dropped in a show, even an Australian one. It also ties up nicely at the season's end but leaves itself open for a second season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I'm on episode 6. It's absolutely bonkers but loving it. A couple of the actresses have been on Taskmaster - Eddie and Abby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,632 ✭✭✭archfi

Finished this last night - loved the expletive-laden Aussie dialog.

A few ideological nonsense dialog passages in two episodes aside ('cishet', 'queer community' blah blah), it was enjoyable.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Only watched episode one...bizarre show really...but enjoyably odd mix of crime and comedy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,247 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'm in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Coming to the end of this, which was initially a "what can we watch together" possibility. Both of us loving it. Really silly but enjoyably funny murder mystery, with OTT characterizations and biases. Towards the end, the OTT stuff is becoming a little toned down as the whodunnit aspect gets more intense. Looking forward to the finale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

The 'who-tf is doing all this?' intensified towards the end, then ended in a pretty silly way. Good fun all the same though. Predictably set up up for a second series. I'd watch it if it came along, to see how it fares.

Advertisement