Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir or Tesco mobile - need int calls included

Options
  • 26-07-2023 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm on Eir total simo contract for 35/mo. (well past the initial 12mo promo)

I need the 200min international calls. Noticed Tesco Mobile all in 20 includes 300min int calls.

Saving 15€/month is very tempting.

Any thoughts on moving from Eir to TM in terms of data speeds etc, call quality (in dublin mostly). Don't have 5g handset atm, so 5G speeds not really a factor.

Anyone how easy/hard is to get Eir to give me the promotional discount of 20€/mo for 12mo. (aka threaten to leave... my guess is they don't care.)

When looking at the other 15€ simo contracts like GoMo, euro call rates are 23c/min so i get 85min/month for the 20€ difference i pay more atm. not worth it for me.

any thoughts on Eir vs TM would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭rhinosaurious

I can recommend Tesco Mobile, customer support is 100% better than eir, Tesco runs on the three network so you’ll have the fastest speeds as per the most recent report. And Tesco Mobile also have a price freeze so your plan won’t go up, including the handset plans. It’ll be a good move imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I had the opposite experience with them. They are on 3 network but traffic is managed differently, wife had massive issues with them and ended up having to pay herself out of a contract because despite not being able to receive calls was locked into contract and even comreg would do nothing. A 30 day Simo contract isn't so bad but just be ready to move elsewhere if it doesn't work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

thanks.where the issues related to data or something else?

in some of the older threads users called out TM of poor data / internet performance. not sure whether for speed/latency or coverage or both.

any on in dublin using TM sim who could share experience with coverage and speed?

im happy with Eir on that side.

might try and get the discount rate. im prepared to leave and resubscribe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Ironically data worked ok most of the time. It was calls that would not work. This was all around Dublin so not a signal issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Pekarirska

Get the cheapest PAYG and add Viber out Unlimited worldwide calls for €6 https://account.viber.com/en/

or

Vodafone postpaid Red unlimited 30day is €35 which includes 100 international mins calls. There's 500 international mins calls to ANY country in the world €10 add on. Data with no fair usage limit. You get all of the above when roaming in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

thanks. need to look into viber..

Re VF. im paying 35 atm, and VF advertise 10Mbps speed cap. no speed limiter with Eir. and want to pay less...

found VM has 30day unlimited plan (20€ for 12m) and addon for 5€ to include 350 int min. need to see what ppl think of VM (btw dont have their bb service)

seem to be few ppl around that appear to be happy with VM speeds and service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭KildareP

Service is generally OK, they use 3, but they have a widespread and ongoing issue (since they started operating here) with bulk texts sporadically not coming through or not coming through at all - for example, verification codes for Revolut, online banking, Paypal, Amazon, etc.

Advertisement