Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting Pay on move from Civil Service to County Council

• 26-07-2023 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I am an established Civil Servant and have accepted an offer of employment with a County Council.

My current salary is above the minimum for the new position and, the information booklet from when I applied says:

"In accordance with EL02/2011 persons who are not serving Local Authority employees must be placed on the minimum of the scale. Where a person being appointed is a serving Local Authority employee normal starting pay rules will apply. "

However, in the notes for a similar role in a different County Council, the following wording appears:

"Entry point to this scale will be determined in accordance with Circulars issued by the Department of Environment, Community and Local Government. Appointees who are not existing public servants will enter at the minimum point of the scale."

In the first scenario, I would definitely start at the minimum but, in the second, it seems likely I could start at a higher point. 

I would have thought that the rules would be standard across Local Government? Does anyone know the definitive line on this? Thank you.

Comments

Advertisement