Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA 2K23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Romero

St Andrews next followed by Doonbeg and just added Portmarnock which I've set up to be more of a challenge.

Going to draw up a list of boards members and PSN names this week so will ask on here if find a society member who I can't find on this thread.

Two applicants that need to accept membership on their end but I also their boards names are "bagogreen" and ****_IT_TELL with an American flag and a Handicap of +20.5 that one sounds dodge so might delete their membership if they are not on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I'm pretty sure bagogreen is a boardsie, at least I remember them from the 2k21 society! @Burlap_Sack this you?

As for DAMN_IT_TELL I can't link that to a boardsie account, so if they don't show themselves, I'll leave the rest to you Romero :)

Thanks hopefully bagogreen turns up the American could be some one just joining random societies which won't end well for him 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Can you tell me what times the comps start and finish ?

Im in a different time zone and usually only see dates.

I might have missed the K club.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I think there's still 26 or 27 hours to do the K club!

Switchover seems to be 1am IST and will probably be midnight GMT once the clocks change in October :)

• Advertisement

@fplfan12345 You should be fine for K Club have it set for 3 days for Irish times event starts at 1am on. The first day and finish on 12.59am on day 3. I'm not in front of my PS5 at moment but K Club started at 1am Saturday morning (26th) so should finish at 12.59am Tuesday morning (29th) I'm not sure where you are but hope you can work.it out whatever time zone your in.

Just approved Corcaigh_ you need to confirm your membership in game and if you could let me know your boards user name that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

That's a-me. My god, ye are miles ahead on the leaderboard!

Welcome aboard, i wouldn't worry about the scores K Club is set up pretty easy and we have some hotshots the rest of us are mere mortals. Try and get the two rounds done before midnight as new event kicks in around 1am tomorrow morning St Andrews up next

• Registered Users Posts: 11,959 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Commentators curse is alive in this game. "Hopefully the ball bounces to the left." Ball does not bounce to the left in reality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Yup that's me, haven't had a chance to play yet but will try play the next event.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Finished 21 under, happy enough with that as I haven't played since 21. Putting game needs a lot of work.

Jaysus the 150th Open course has some quare greens and pin positions.

Not many 1 putts knocking about, unfortunately.

I think one of the bigger faults of the game is that you don’t have an over view of the hole while on the tee.

Not being able to see the green until your second shot is BS too. You can’t decide which part of the fairway to aim for. Or whether to leave yourself a longer or shorter approach shot.

That’s mad. I tried to leave a message on the societies that said - ‘best of luck on the greens at St. Andrews’ but it wouldn’t leave the comment as it had picked up ‘profanities’.

Turns out the profanity was ‘St. Andrews’.

Post edited by fplfan12345 on

Trying to mix it up with easy courses and more challenging courses. I think Doonbeg is next and I expect low scores on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,959 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I finished 2 over at the K Club. I had a bad start before improving. Got an eagle on the 16th.

But knowing my playing, I'll probably finish 20 over at the next round.

Bollox this who set up this **** course with fast greens???? Oh it was me 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

2 rounds went well overall but missed a few to many birdies by inches where if it was for par I'd hole it.

Does any one else notice they might be putting with the guidelines showing a slight slope right to left for 4 grids and you compensate for it only for the ball to go straight and not turn like you expect (Not necessarily on this course, but it's happened a few times and it's annoying 😁)

• Advertisement

Does the ball NEVER shift off a straight line or does it turn after the hole ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Thought I did well with -10 in last event, what kind of jiggerry pokery were the rest of yee using?

Well that latest course is a big pile of ####. I tried but I'm out of this now. Frustration is far overriding fun. Hope rest of yee enjoy...

Sorry Jim my fault and got a crap score as well on this one these are the kind of frustrating course I hate . Next one is easy no fast greens a bit like the K Club

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

The greens are horrible. Nearly rage quit on round 1 at 12th, 13th and 14th. One over for 2.rounds. must have got every single fairway and most greens in regulation but still struggled.

Don't worry, just not for me. Best of luck with the society

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Very difficult greens indeed. Missed a 4ft putt early on despite aiming what felt like stupidly far left - it still missed right. Also had a 162ft putt on one of the huge greens! Needless to say I 3 putted that.

Oh I also went into the water on the 1st! I clubbed down to avoid any chance of running into the burn, but then sliced my 3 wood right into it anyway.

I'm usually smashing the X button in rage to have noticed if it moves after the hole tbh 😁

Ha. Well I know it’s obvious but if the ball does break, after the hole, then maybe take a bit of pace off and especially for downhill putts.

I don’t mind if the ball breaks after the hole because at least I read it correctly but hit it too hard. It’s when it stays straight you have a problem with misreading the green.

• Advertisement

I definitely have a problem reading greens, it's mostly guesswork on my part but it works at least 50% of the time

Advertisement