Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA 2K23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭GTTDI GOD

Hey guys,

Just found this thread, got the game on the monthly games. Just requested to join the society, Easter16_32, look forward to playing with you all!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Romero

Just approved you there you just need to accept on your side.

I hope you get to enjoy the fantastic greens on the current event 🤣

So double checked the next event Doonbeg and greens play fine. So expect you will all enjoy that compared to the current horrific greens on this one.

Is there a Fe_Diick_Byrne in the house 🤔🤣Make yourself known. I've approved you there you just need to confirm on your side

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭GTTDI GOD

My god some of them greens 🙈🙈 landing on them on second shot nearly every hole and winding up with bogeys 🙈 not a great start to this society 😅😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Got +1 for 2 rounds of that course, with it's greased up greens :D

Are we happy enough with the greens on Doonbeg?

I managed a hole in one on the 9th on the first round so happy with that 🏌️⛳😀

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Congrats on the hole in one. I’ve never had one on this game.

The greens were fine. No harm in the greens being different on every course.

The second round at Doonbeg was a bit silly. It was a very very short course.

I was hitting irons on to the green on par 4’s which seemed a bit silly.

In fact I nearly had two holes in one on the par 4’s. Had tap ins for eagle.

I eagled five of the par 4’s. It could have been seven had I putted better.

Maybe longer courses is the way to go ?

Thanks 😀 I left at least two eagles on my second round where they lipped out or rolled up to the hole and didn't drop.

As for the course I was trying to keep a few them in Ireland and Portmarnock up next will be a bit more challenging not like the last event where it was frustrating. Congrats btw on winning that event. I'll be going for an official 2K21 course after Portmarnock

At the end of the day I just want Boards players who might have got this in the PlayStation plus monthly games to have a bit of fun and improve their game with career mode and some of the event in this society.

• Advertisement

What course do the guys in here like watching on TV ?

Maybe could play a few of those ?

TPC Scottsdale, TPC Sawgrass, Lone Grove golf course (this is Augusta) are the ones I’d suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

What were your scores? I was well chuffed with -27 but appreciate that it'll be small fry in comparison to whoever wins! (Who's Fangee on Boards?!)

Liking the game though and getting better bit by bit in Ranked with the default Pro settings.

I’m Fangee.

I noticed there’s a place to turn on ‘handicap’ when you’re setting up an event. Would that bring people’s scores more into line with each other ?

So didn't fully understand the handicap system but played through Portmarnock with it on and understand how it affects the game where it automatically drops shots based on a hole based on your handicap level so. Will turn it on for Portmarnock and see if it reigns you in a bit. We can get feedback after the event if members want it left on all the time or just for every few events I might just leave it on for the.essier courses

You did well with that and it set me a target to try and keep up with you. I've tried ranked but get fed up of Americans calling me crap but good to practice and get better

I’ve no idea how it works but thought it might be worth trying at least once to see how it is.

Portmarnock is live with the handicap option enabled looking for feedback on having this option on or off a day left if anyone wants to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Finally got around to sending a request to join just now.

MelScull I. Take it you are approved just need to confirm on your side and your in welcome aboard 👍

I was literally just coming here to say nothing's pending!

We must have logged in a few minutes apart! :D

Ah well, time for R2 at Portmarnok.

• Advertisement

Noticed a few holes with the wrong scores showing i.e a par 5 giving out a par for 4 shots.

That's the handicap system on testing it to make the field more equal, just testing it this event

Ah OK, this is my first time playing a society so never come across it before.

Only trying it as @fplfan12345 won the last event at -45 on the two rounds just trying different things in the early days might turn it off for the next event based on feedback

I’m happy enough to go again with the handicap on if everyone else is ?

It totally threw me early on in the first round. When I scored a birdie it was registering as a par. When I scored a par it was registering as a bogey. At least that’s what I think was happening.

What did some of you think ?

Well I played the 2 rounds at Portmarnock and I don't know what I should have seen or if anything was happening.

It would help to know what the actual fook it does, so we know what to expect :D

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

I definitely enjoyed the challenge of playing with the HCP on but the UI not clearly showing if you're losing/gaining a shot on the hole until after is dumb.

Yeah it looks like it's broken in this game and especially for societies according to what I've found on Reddit as for me it looks if your +5 handicap or +25 handicap you play off the same handicap setting on the course.

Yeah. The lack of clarity on how the handicap works is annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭joficeduns1

For the HCP it's in the full scorecard they show a small + sign on the holes where you need a birdie to par etc. It's definitely not clear though, I was the same as ye wondering how it was broken.

Just finished TPC Southwind. It's tough to chase a -33 score (thanks Fangee!) but had a bit of fun out there.

Advertisement