Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA 2K23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Romero

I'm not going well on current event. 2nd round to play.

Also I stuck a fantasy course in around the 31st Apex Hound played it called The Very Last Resort, I played it and it's pretty good nothing to crazy so should be an interesting play

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭joficeduns1

Plenty of undulation in Grindavick. Some tough kicks out there but used the hop for a near albatross on 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Macker1

I would like to join in with the Society online. I played back in 21 but have only just got back playing the 23 version.

Triple bogey at 16 in Round 2, quite the foot shooting I did. Twice I lipped the cup for eagle on 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Looks for boards in the societies and then request to join.

Once you've requested, an admin can approve.

Also, if you PSN is different from boards username, let us know what it is 👍

• Advertisement

Yeah as Marc says search for boards.ie society and request membership I'll approve you then you just need to go back in and confirm your membership and your in, new events every 3 days nothing too serious just a bit of craic

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Really enjoyed Grindavick.

Nice to have an undulating course where you’re not just throwing darts at the pin all the time. Greens weren’t easy either.

Finally an eagle on 18 for round 2 at Pentney.

Hey I've just approved XavierMcD in the society, you just have to confirm on your side and your in. You have two days to play the current event Pentney Point. Welcome aboard 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Macker1

@Romero Thanks for approval. I'll be on the playstation after work tomorrow evening and get some golf in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Player_86

Hi. I’ve asked to join the society (PSN name TableTennisGod). Thanks!

Accepted there :)

Just head back to the society for final acceptance and you're good!

I played the 1st round of the current event and did not do well! Just -1 through 18.

Hopefully the 2nd 18 will be better, though I'll wait until tomorrow :D

Two fairly impeccable rounds of golf and yet still standing on the final tee needing a birdie to win.

I got a very lucky bounce on my final approach that left me 8 feet for eagle. Could easily have been in the rough needing to get up and down to win.

Have to say I really hate the ‘swing timing’ being on as you can’t relax on ANY shot. That takes the fun out of it for me because I like playing PlayStation golf when I’m stoned.

Where does everyone else stand on the ‘swing timing’ being turned on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Defo keep swing timing on imo. I'd nearly suggest making it harder, at the same level as Ranked.

Another question, everyone using the stick swing or anyone "3 clicking"?

I’d previously suggested making it harder by turning off swing timing but changing difficulty from amateur to a more difficult setting.

I use the stick swing.

3 click here 🤠

I'm open to trying Fangees suggestion. I'm a 3-click man.

I think swing timing is going to stay on as it's what most of us use external to this societ Since turning it back on I've seen more closer battles at the top If anyone wants me to move the swing difficulty up to Pro Am I can do for next event.

Happy for swing timing to be harder if you like. Also vote for stick swing only but it's a bit of craic regardless

Who’s earooney ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,959 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

+3 for me in my first round at Pentney Point. That has to be my best round in a Boards event so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,959 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Finished +12 in the second round. Back to my usual self then 😂

I can't play with stick swing! I'm too used to playing on xbox controllers, that aren't centred properly and when I pick up the ps5 controller, the ball goes anywhere but straight :D

Approved a player called Scotty with 2 Ts anyone know who that is?

Daisy village should have been one of my best scores ever at least -22, I hit a hole in one on the second round on hole 11, but on Hole 15 I got cocky thought I could hit driver off the tee over some trees and went right into them and ended up with double bogey and a bogey on the 16th. So ended up -19, normally I'd be delighted with that score but only feel frustrated now.

Beats me pitching into the water twice in a row on a short par 3, ended up with a triple bogey. And that was only the first meltdown 😂

Cool course though.

Whilst I really enjoyed the last two courses I really didn’t like the current one. It felt like playing an arcade game of golf. No flow.

I would like courses to provide more jeopardy via pin placement, water and sand rather than what the current course offered.

On today's course I hit my first ever stroke limit on 2 but managed to get back to -1 for the round.

2 is the only one that gave me any trouble! I reckon I missed 5+ birds for sheer impatience!

Some days you just shouldn't play golf games 🤪

I was bogey free until the 16th on round 2 for The Last Resort. Fumbled the opportunity to pull ahead on the final 3 holes. Ah well, fair play Corcaigh! It's fun to have a novelty course thrown in every now and then.

• Advertisement

It's Fangee and earooney you need to worry about!

Advertisement