Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund of deposit - Consumer items(furniture)

Options
  • 27-07-2023 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello Everyone,

Looking for some advice here. I have booked few furniture items for a new build and paid deposit. During the conversation sales representative told me they are flexible with the delivery and i just have to let them know when they have to deliver. As with the new builds the delays are in months that i didn't anticipate. I have reached out to them asking for a later delivery but they declining to deliver on a later date. The contract signed during the sales(paying deposit has a mention of "earliest delivery date - X". I have also offered them i can take the delivery if they can let me know the number of boxes and dimensions so that i can arrange the storage and confirmation from them that they will assemble the product once i am in the new place. They rejected this and is forcing me to take the delivery. The contract never says i have to take the delivery before a X date instead "earliest delivery date". At this point with the bad experience that i have with them pre-sales i asked them to cancel the order on the base that they are refusing delivery on a later date. They are refusing to cancel the order.

What are my options here?

1) Can i get a refund of deposit? Does raising a CCPC complaint help here?

2) Do they have any rights to force the delivery based on the contract during the booking? I have paid only deposit not the full amount?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭pat_sconce

Unless explicitly stated you have absolutely no right whatsoever to a return of deposit if you decide to cancel. And they are well within their rights to force you to purchase it, so digging your heels in will simply get you nowhere and you'll take a dislike to the furniture.

Most places are flexible to a point. My own feeling would be up to 4 weeks at the very most. They tend not to have warehouses. Items are made to order, shipped and most likely into a smallish warehouse for fairly quick dispatch to the customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,127 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Storage can be rented easily:

Advertisement